#793 You Don’t “Both Sides” Human Rights
Do we need to give equal weight to both sides of the abortion debate? And the Freedom Convoy returns, maybe. Jonathan Goldsbie fills in for Jesse and Rachel Cairns co-hosts.
Audio Editor & Technical Producer
Managing Editor, Podcasts
In covering the end of widespread reproductive freedom in the United States, the CBC goes the both-sides route. At what point should something be considered a human-rights issue and no longer subject to debate?
And the Convoy — or at least something similar — is set to rematerialize in Ottawa. What has the media learned since last time, and are we any closer to putting our finger on a diffuse movement that’s very different to different people? Jonathan Goldsbie fills in for Jesse and Rachel Cairns co-hosts.
- CBC’s the Current segment re: Roe v. Wade
- Dr. Jennifer Gunter Tweet re: appearance on CBC
- Stephanie Gray Google Talk
- MPP Bhutila Karpoche Tweet re: Evictions
- Jonathan Goldsbie’s Tweet re: Toronto Councilor
- The Conversation piece re: Roe v. Wade
- National Post piece re: Freedom Convoy
- Vice piece re: Freedom Convoy
- The Tyee piece re: Freedom Convoy
Sponsors: oxio, calm, Squarespace